View Single Post
Old 04-16-2016, 11:44 PM   #33
Project_70'

Re: LS Swap 70c10 Need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project_70' View Post
Well I'm back on here again needing some help, so far everything else is good, 5.3 and turbo350 are in fuel system is good, exhaust, ect.. But now I'm trying to wire the thing up, and I'm wanting to be able to start the truck basically like original, slip the key in, turn and start it. But I'm having trouble wiring the starter up, and tracing wires from the ignition switch and things like that. I've done some research but still having problems. So far this is what I've got, I have the battery in, from positive post straight to starter, then the little lead on the starter is wired to the purple wire going to the ignition switch. And I know I may be a little air headed at the time and just overlooking something simple but I can't get it to start. I just want to be able to turn the starter over with the ignition switch and find which wires to splice into for the pcm. I'm using the stand alone conversion from lt1swap.com. does the starter have to be grounded with the other post charness ff the other side or is it case grounded?
Okay so after tinkering with with it for awhile I've got power to the starter when I turn the switch to crank it but all it does is just tick like I've got a lose ground or bad connection I just put brand new terminals on and tightened everything down good. Maybe the battery I'm using is too weak. I also would like yo hear how you guys integrated the old wiring harness into the standalone harness
Project_70' is offline   Reply With Quote