View Single Post
Old 09-27-2020, 10:53 PM   #213
Fastandcrazy

Re: Rebuild...(pending a name)

The other thing I tackled was the exhaust. This is one of those things that I wish I had planned out and done with the body off, but it is what it is. I'm really not happy with overall look of it mais, c'est la vie.

Passenger side, I got tacked up. I purchased an Evolution metal chop saw, really glad I did, and made the pie cuts you see. The resonators are by Vibrant. I wanted a some what quiet interior will little resonance inside.
Name:  IMG_4592.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  49.4 KB

Driver side.
Name:  IMG_4593.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  35.7 KB

Avvert your eyes if bad welds are like nails on a chalkboard for you. I didn't clean the coating off the exhaust pipes so it made for some bad welds. This is not a sign of my welding talent but feel free to judge, i'll own it.
Name:  IMG_4611.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  46.3 KB

And here is the nails on the chalkboard. Again, I am not happy with the welds. I definitely rushed however, I know it will work, and there won't be any leaks.
Name:  IMG_4613.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  60.3 KB

One thing I am really happy about is the fact that I got it all tucked up above the frame rails. SOoooo, all the bad welds can't be seen.
Name:  IMG_4591.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  43.8 KB

I imagine I will be asked, I used 1 3/4" Scofield Headers, Dirty Dingo's Trans crossmember, 3 inch exhaust, Vibrant Bottle style resonator, and Flowmaster Hushpower Pro Series exhaust.