Thread: Jans 53
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 02:50 PM   #125
gigamanx

Re: Jans 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
mock up is the most important. I know a lot of guys who built tilting bed floors "for access" and with the floor tilted couldnt access anything. mock up a sheet of plywood in the position you will have the floor tilt to and see how much room you have for access. even the center split, will you be able to get to anything at the front of the bed? how often will you need to even get under there?

I had my airride and fuel tank under the bed of my 65. I was going to tilt the bed floor till I realized that there was no way to change a tire with a flat. so we tilted the whole bed. I never got to motorize it but it worked perfectly, access to all the airride, fuel system, and able to change tires.

IMG_8305 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_8304 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
I've pondered the same thing with airride suspension. When I'm stuck on the side of a road, how the heck will I get a jack under that thing or a tow truck for that matter. I'm half tempted to permanently weld some sort of jack to the truck as an emergency tool. My RV had hydraulic leveling jacks I used to use to change a tire. It was great. Press a button and pop the wheel off

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote