Thread: Truck update
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2019, 09:48 PM   #25
Stephen717

Re: Truck update

That's pretty funny. And I should mention that I work at our family business and my boss is my cousin. He's definitely jealous cause he didn't do half the work on his car. He got our uncle to do the body work and paint, had a machine shop build the motor several times and his wife buys him new parts when he could refurbish the old ones. I got the seats out of it cause he wanted to go to a pro touring look and put racing seats and 5 point harnesses in the car. The entire time I've been working on my truck he's had nothing positive to say about it. It's always been why don't you take it to someone to have it wired (I work with wiring every day). Figuring out my carburetor all I heard was why don't you just buy a new one instead of wasting your money rebuilding that one. I heard the same old thing about the tune up I did, the oil change, the new gas tank I installed, the throttle linkage (which I installed wrong but it works and looks good so I don't care) I am most likely going to tell him I'm using the welder one day even though I've never gotten the chance to weld before and I'm going to weld up my exhaust cause every time I ask if he'll help me all I here is why don't you just take it to the exhaust shop. This truck is a learning experience for me. I'm learning everything I've ever wanted to learn mechanic wise on it and putting to use all the knowledge I've learned from tutorial videos and Chilton's manuals and this very forum. Later this summer I am planning on doing the prep work on the body and laying down the primer on it myself to get the feel of doing body work and painting. Then I'm having our uncle paint it since he's done it for over 30 years but I'm supplying all the paint. Before he clears it I want to put our shop logo on the doors and have coach lines done in gold leaf and outlined in silver leaf. My father has been wanting to practice building for years so I told him to do it and make it look like it was done back in the 30's or 40's. I am getting the new glass installed professionally and having it tinted professionally so I won't mess it up. And I'm having the Gen 6 big block out of my totalled work truck looked over by a machine shop I trust but I'm building it myself. I am doing as much as I can to this truck myself to make it mine. By the time I'm done I want to be able to roll up to any of my friends houses or to any car show and have the pride to say I did that myself. That said I know it will be a lot of work but I'm willing to take that challenge cause I see it as a fun one. And unlike everyone who says I can't do it or take it to someone professional I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Sorry for the rant. But I can't stand when people get jealous and say I can't do it.
Stephen717 is offline   Reply With Quote