View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 04:37 PM   #13
Jacoby

Re: 68 C10 50th Anniversary driveway build

This weekends progress. Not as productive as I had hoped. I drove from Dallas to Abilene Saturday to pick up that Turbo 400 from a member on here. That took up most of my Saturday. Sunday the wife decided to have a last minute garage sale at her mothers and left me home with the 3 little ones. I cant get anything done with those 3 running around. So that occupied most of my Sunday.
I'm still tearing down the ass end on this thing and its kicking my ass lol! The nuts and bolts on this thing are so rusty Im having to cut just about everyone I come across. It was so bad that as I was loosening things they weren't loosening but instead tightening. The rust was being pulled down into the nut. I cleaned everything I could and soaked everything in WD40 and even used a torch and the things just wouldn't budge. So with that said I cut springs, the U-bolts for the control arms, shock mount bolts, etc. Finally got the rear end out. Probably gonna tackle the front bolts for the control arms tomorrow so I can get them out and get em cleaned up and painted. Started sand blasting some pieces I was able to salvage to get ready for powder coating. Im able to powder coat small pieces at home with my little DIY setup.
That's all I got for now...…

Ubolt I had to cut out

Not sure how im gonna get this out. I guess grind down the head side and it should fall out

Rear out and back end cleaned up some

Ubolt/shock mount I was able to salvage. Cleaned up and ready to powder
Jacoby is offline   Reply With Quote