View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 09:44 AM   #12
Cheeseman

Re: Project "Home Wrecker"

Well yesterday was a success of sorts, we got up and rolled out about 5:00 yestreday morning and got to the destination of the C20 (central Illinois) about 9:00 and after a quick walk around I knew this was good enough for what I was needing to pull home for parts, so $600 and I had it (with a title even!) up on the trailer and Missouri bound. So about 1/2 way home JR and I decide it was time to have to stop for some chow and discuss what to do with this thing. The consensus is that we will pull the front clip and cowl for "Home Wrecker" and throw on the 69 clip and we will chop the rear frame and slap the SWB on it that is in the barn. It will be the "patch work" project....a running, driving dropped short bed C20 for under $750 total is the goal, and it wont be pretty!! So any how, after the 4 hour tug home I stopped by the car wash and started on degreasing the motor just to clean it up a little and decided to wash the truck as well since it was covered in cow slobber and tree moss.....it cleaned up better than I expected, but I know it has some minor rust repair that will have to be done to be right. Here are a few pics of the ol girl.....

front clip for "Home Wrecker"

I had the itch to work in the shop last night since the wife and kiddo were out of town so I wrenched until about midnight and called it a day...being up from 4 AM to midnight was a power play thanks to Monster and Rockstar energy drinks...that stuff it too much for a guy like me, about felt like I was going to explode!! Note to self, dont do that again!! I got the LCA's, CPP 3" drop coils, 2.5" drop spindles and rotors installed on the front end of "Homewrecker" last night, will get pics later today when I get back out to the shop. I also put the last coats of paint on the steering box and will get it installed today as well. Will likely be heading to town and grab some lunch at the place that is convienently located next to the parts store....strange how that works.

Cheese "thank goodness for heated shops" Man