View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 03:18 AM   #84
mosesburb
I had a V-8

Re: Beelzeburb: Part 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelzeburb View Post
While digging through boxes I found a a bag with instructions and leftover hardware from the K&N air cleaner. It tuned out that I'd left a vent fitting off which was meant to be bolted to the bottom of the chrome housing. This only added another mystery item to my list of things left to hook up. There weren't any unused fittings that size on either the intake manifold or TBI, so it remained a mystery for a few days. Then I remembered another mysterious hose of similar size. There are three lines connected to the fuel pump. I knew that two of them were obviously fuel feed and return, but the third had been an unknown for quite a while now because it was a bit larger than the other two (another item that's covered in the fuel & emissions supplement?). Then it occurred to me that if it were a vent line, then the air cleaner would be a very logical spot for it to attach. Two birds with one stone there.
This sounds wrong. The fitting on the bottom of the air cleaner base should go to a valve cover (the one that does not have the PCV valve in it). TBI motors used an air cleaner extension between the air cleaner housing and the TBI and on this extension was a nipple. A hose connected that nipple to the valve cover originally so you may be able to use that instead of the fitting on the air cleaner base, but either way what you described doing with the fitting and a fuel pump sounds wrong to me, but maybe I am just misunderstanding what you meant.