View Single Post
Old 07-17-2021, 09:45 PM   #595
TKCR

Re: Bench Seats, Having them Reupholstered

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatzie View Post
The broad strokes of rehabbing bench seats are probably all fairly similar but the mild differences in hardware etc would slow the repair.

You'd run into similar mild differences between generations of GM light truck seats in Series 10-30 67-72, 73-80, 81-91, 88-94, & 95-01 GM seats.

Your main problem would be the fact that you likely don't have several Ford seats stripped down so when a part is damaged beyond repair you have to find a donor.
You are correct on this. That is why I mainly cater to just the 73-87/91 seats. And there are several different configurations and parts just in that range of years.
In the case of doing my friends Ford seat. He supplied the seat that was in the truck. The only thing that needed replaced with new, was the seat bottom foam, and course the cover. Thankfully nothing else needed replaced, or we would have been looking for a donor. This will most likely be the only Ford seat I will do, and I really only agreed to do it because he was a good friend, and a well respected/good boss. I will say this about the Ford seat. The cover was really easy to install compared to the 73-87 Chevy seats.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote