View Single Post
Old 07-21-2021, 05:07 PM   #9
Dannyboy1966

Re: What does this vacuum pod do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick472 View Post
I have decided to have the transmission rebuilt since the motor is out an also needing a rebuild. My rebuilder has commented that the transmission will overheat on a long trip without the lock-up functioning. I have made several 2 hour trips with it like this and have not burned it up, but I would like to get the lock-up working since I will end up with a rebuilt motor and transmission.

Where does the vacuum line hook to for the vacuum source?
Sorry it took so long to get back with you, I was in the hospital, thought the Covid had gotten hold of me, thank god not. Anyway that vacuum line just connects to manifold vacuum, so than when you stomp into the motor and vacuum drops, it causes the lock up torque converter to release. One wire from it goes through a blue wire into the firewall to a switch on the brake pedal, normally part of the brake light switch unless it has cruise control, then it uses that switch for the power. The other wire goes down to a square 4 wire plug on the side, halfway between the shift linkage, and the governor dome on the driver side. Normally it's just one wire from factory, or in my case I ran a seperate ground wire to a solid ground on the engine. Factory used a 1 wire pressure switch inside the transmission, using the transmission as a ground to the engine.
Dannyboy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote