View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 09:27 PM   #110
67chevy1series

Re: 65 dodge d100 crew cab AKA ''she wants the D''

You know I always thought they were a look ont a mother could love but at the same time I still liked these trucks and I would always go up and look at them as a kid. And now I know way more about these trucks and Im actually starting to love the way these trucks look, my favorite for sure though is the later 65's like mine and the 66, the bed and taillights are just perfect and with the cool pie plate bezels and single headlights I feel like they just nailed it! 67 started getting a lot of what I'm going to say "70's" styling a little too much at once but there still pretty cool too. I honestly think the only reason why these trucks were and still are neglected and overlooked is because there were no disc brakes and no IFS, in the 90's when people started getting really into redoing/restoring/building 60's trucks they all turned to the c10 because it has the easy ability to have power disc brakes, power steering, a bunch of options, IFS, some with coil rear suspension and they were smoother and nicer in the handling department, and then they went for the f100's because they had coils with twin I beams which I'm sure rides nicer then the straight axle and people probably still think it's too much time and money to make a d100 cool. But I feel the more and more sweptlines like mine start to be built and shown there will be more people following
67chevy1series is offline   Reply With Quote