View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 12:34 PM   #178
cwcarpenter98

Re: Anyone running CB's in their truck these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by '68OrangeSunshine View Post
Get one that works, you'll be happier.
I know there are some resto-purist nuts out there, who will insist you must have only a 23 Channel rig in a 67-72 truck. If that's true you'd have to have a 10, 15 or 19 channel radio to be period correct for a '63. I didn't get into the hobby until 1968, when 23 channels were available. Prior to '68 fewer frequencies were authorized. I don't know the chronology.
I had old equipment with fewer channels [one quartz chrystal at a time]. 40 channel rigs came out in the '70s. I'd get a 40 so I could talk to anyone, if I were getting a new radio.
Get a handle and have fun.
Thanks for the reply, I should have been more specific. Definitely not a purist here considering my truck is made up from parts from every decade since the 60s I was thinking about getting a new CB, but since I'm new to this idea, I have no idea what to look for on a used one if I decide to go that route. It really boils down to the cost of everything driving my decisions

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote