View Single Post
Old 05-20-2023, 08:34 PM   #8
SCOTI

Re: Went for an alignment- positive camber& no shims

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCash View Post
Reviving an older thread since I have a similar issue:

My 1968 c20 got a full front suspension/brake overhaul and I ended up swapping in half ton parts off of a 73+ squarebody truck to achieve disc brakes. I used the squarebody lower control arms/spindles/steering arms/brake parts but kept the 68 c20 uppers and put in new ball joints.
Everything went together perfectly although I didn't realize until about a year later that there is a lot of positive camber and there are no shims on the upper control arm cross shafts that I can remove to dial the camber back into spec. Are the 68 c20 upper control arms longer than 73 and later c10 ones? I see now that I should've swapped the full crossmember but it's too late for that.
Is my only option now to try and get some 73+ upper control arms? I'm also at stock ride height, so no issues from drop springs or spindles etc. If anyone has any recommendations, I'm all ears. Thanks!
Swapping the entire x-member is an option, not a 'need'.
The upper arms are roughly the same length as are the lowers.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote