View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 11:50 PM   #4
SS Tim

Re: 1970 C-10 Tire Sizes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric1970 View Post
I have read all of the relevant threads concerning tire sizes.

My research indicates that the original tires that came with this vehicle are either G78x15 or H78x15. It is unclear whether there were originally different size tires on the front or rear, or whether it was a matter of load rating all around.

The original sizes translate to:
P215/75r15 or P225/70r15 (G-rated), or
P225/75r15 or P235/70r15 (H-rated).

I would like to keep the appearance as original as possible, and am mounting the front tires on 15" diameter x 8" wide Wheel Vintiques 6-bolt rally wheels.

I plan on using 15" dia. x 10" wide Wheel Vintiques 6-bolt rally wheels on the rear in the future.

I have noticed that almost everyone likes to use larger tires, and was curious as to why.

I am planning on installing BF Goodrich Radial T/A P235/70r15's on the front this week, and am interested in all of your opinions before I order the tires.

I am also interested if any of you has an opinion on BF Goodrich Radial T/A's vs. Long Trail T/A's.

Any information and all of your opinions are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

The base C/10 tires in '70 were tubeless G78-15-B tires on 5.5" wheels. Optional tires included "G" or "H" with white walls (5) or off road tires (2 or 3) that could be installed only on the rear. The spare could match either front or rear depending on the RPO selected. Tube type tires were also offered.

As a 235 tire runs about 9" wide you might not like the look on an 8" wheel and you are definitely going to want a wider tire for 10" wheels.

Hope this helps some.
SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote