Thread: Building a 6.0
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2022, 06:55 AM   #12
biketopia

Re: Building a 6.0

If you're not likely to go SC right now, or in the near future then I'd almost just work with what you have. 500 NA is a decent target and not a wham bam thank you ma-am easy one like with a forced induction. Like stated earlier you can make HP #'s but they are way up in the rev range. For a cruiser and the occasional stop light pull you're more concerned with power under the curve. What heads and intake are you currently running and is there any work done to them? Using LS3 heads is great, especially if you're going with the LSA then it's bolt on, but you can run into some intake valve shrouding because of how close it is to the cylinder wall on a 6.0, and that's more of a concern when making power NA not forced induciton.

My thought's if you're going to stay NA is to either get a set of aftermarket heads, or send a set of 799's out to TSP or your porter of choice (I've used TSP and Frankenstein in the past) and have them ported and a high performance valve job done. Get a Fast 102 intake and 102 throttle body and work with TSP on cam selection. If you have a "stage 4"cam in it now it should have some chop to it at idle I would assume, shouldn't sound like a tahoe. What pipes and mufflers do you have after your headers? You'll want to upgrade your injectors and fuel pump to handle it then just a visit to your tuner. You already have an aftermarket stall so that helps a lot with cam selection and getting in the power band.

07 Silverado Classic 2wd

95 Camaro 427SBC/TH350
biketopia is offline   Reply With Quote