View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 04:57 PM   #32
lintcollector

Re: Noob with a daughters project

This week had a few good steps forward.

Goose traded out the Neutral Safety Switch for the new one, and it didn't work. I took it off and put it on correctly and no issues since, other than stalling as we shift it, so I need to play/learn the ways of the carburetor.

Bernie got some new tires installed this week, on Thursday to be exact. No pics of just the tires, but they're on there.

I put Goose to work getting the "face" off of the donor truck and while she was removing the grille and bumper, I cleaned up the driver side wiring, and installed the hood mounts.
Name:  20190908 Wires & hood mount.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  46.0 KB

Goose was going to have to go to work, so she took it on her maiden voyage around the neighborhood, which "happened" to include stopping by her non-boyfriend to show off the truck a bit.
Name:  20190908 First Drive.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  67.2 KB

We then came back and started the face lift, after some grinding a bolt & breaking a few others off. We got the grille on, and it did dress up the truck a bit, putting this 72 into a 70 front end look.
Name:  20190908 Face Lift.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  61.8 KB

Her non-boyfriend came over while she was working to help get the bumper -put on. He was tired of doing stuff at his house and wanted to get his hands dirty, so I put him to task grinding the bumper to it'd fit onto Bernie. The donor truck was in a minor accident, so the bumper is well used & not quite straight, so a little help was needed so it'd fit.
Name:  20190908 Grinding.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  75.4 KB

Finally, about 9pm last night we put the 1972 Bernie into the 1970 grille/bumper. Now just to add the hood and bed. After that, make sure the blinkers work and we'll get it licensed/legal.
Name:  20190908 Bumper.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  55.0 KB

Still more to do, but hopefully legal on the roads by this time next week!

See my build thread here:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=771552
lintcollector is offline   Reply With Quote