View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 09:23 AM   #48
88Stanger

Re: Noob with a daughters project

You were able to do alot of things that some would never have attempted and you two got them all done! I tried to read through all the comments and all of them have validity to them. I fully understand your nervousness with this engine issue, but as others have mentioned, you two can do this. Will it be easy, no, but not real hard either. Will it take time, yes, but can you do it, yes, Heck Yes! Not that you need to buy an engine lift, but you can typically rent them. But you can do most if not all that is needed with the engine in place.
There is a book I bought many years ago on how to rebuild a small block Chevy, HPBooks is the publisher and it is by David Vizard. They have it a Amazon. There are several others also that you can get, but the basic book is great, it leads you through a small block chevy from start to finish. This may help you feel a bit easier about this, i know it did for me. Now I have 10 or so of these style books (yes I am old Fashioned and like actual books lol) Just hang in there.
FYI those engine cost you listed are a high for a small standard rebuild honestly, and you may not need any of that. and just to back that up, a rebuilt 350 from Jegs is $1850.00. So, just take a min and you can do this. The father daughter thing is just priceless honestly. There are so many on here that will be willing to help where we can.
John 3:16 - Saved me... God Bless
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote