View Single Post
Old 09-30-2022, 06:40 AM   #114
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

Re: What are your top 5 take out burgers??

We have Big Boy here, exactly the same, except the name.
They are called Frisch's. Back in the day (70s) they had had car-hops on skates as well as a sit-down dining room. Those were removed at different times and went to full inside service.
Funny thing is that Columbus Ohio has always been known as a "test market". It wasn't just restaurants, but that was a big part of it.
But we don't (or didn't) have a few pretty well-known chains that exist in other places in Ohio.
Whataburger and In-N-out are no where near, but Sonic and Hardees both had Ohio locations.
Sonic was in Nelsonville, about 60 miles away, for more than 10 years before they got here.
Hardee's has been in Circleville, about 30 miles away, for decades. I'm not sure when it opened originally, but I know for sure since the mid 80s. Now there is one on the south end of Columbus, but only for a couple of years.

Frisch's must be some kind of a franchise, but how did they get the name changed? partially anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote