View Single Post
Old 12-04-2022, 06:27 PM   #240
landarts
landarts

Re: 71 K20 Idaho Edition

Was able to get the truck fired up today. When I pulled the motor out of the truck so I could give the firewall the attention it needed I allowed Project Creep to step in and take over for a bit. Was just going to clean up the motor and put some fresh paint on it. Then I decided after seeing that the exhaust manifolds were both cracked in a few places I replaced them with new ones, then a new intake manifold, Edlebrock Carburetor, Valve covers, air cleaner, Pertronics distributor, flame thrower coil, spark plug wires, mini starter, fuel pump, water pump, pulleys, radiator, belts, hoses, and of course the new Old Air Products AC unit. So with a bunch of changes to the motor, it is always a process to get it fired up again. With a little bit of timing adjustment and some carb tuning it will be ready to have the check mark put next to it on the list.

So now I will need to take some time on Monday to move a few items in the garage and get geared up for the painting to start happening. Right now I have a medium box of small brackets and a few other items that need satin black as well as the inner fenders. After the satin black is wrapped up I have two doors, custom AC and light switch panel, hood, bed, and cowl that need the 511 Ochre paint. I also bought some new 8-lug metal rims that are gray right now so I will need those to be sprayed in white also.

A few of the items above are ready to go and some will need some work to wrap them up before they can be painted. Excited to be on the downside of the project and so far I feel like I might be able to make my goal to be driving it all back together by New Years Day.
68 Second Chance
Fix and Sale 72 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 K2500
The "Fixrupr" build thread

72 Cheyenne 1/2 ton " FIXRUPR " - daily driver
67 C20 all original paint
71 K20 Custom 4x4 (Idaho Edition)
72 K20 GMC Super Custom 4x4
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
69 K10 Custom package 4x4 (69 K10 from the field)
72 K10 Custom
71 K10 Custom
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
72 K20 Crew Cab Project
71 GMC Jimmy CST
72 Blazer
70 Blazer
landarts is online now   Reply With Quote