View Single Post
Old 02-09-2023, 08:20 AM   #7
special-K
Special Order

Re: Slightly long story, all kind of wrong

I'd have to let him know you bought tools to use yourself and he needs to do the same.

I got tired of guys showing up to work for me without all the needed tools or just really crappy ones. I ended up buying the full set of quality tools for each guy. If they lost one, the replacement came out of their check.

When I was contracting aluminum siding installation on new homes I made sure I had every tool I needed and some I might need. So many of the others on the job would show up without. The biggest peeve I had was them asking to plug into my generator. I would get electricians who came to the house to run the wires asking to plug in to drill the holes. What? I'd never know if there was power available or not. It depended on how far along the house was. But an electrician going to a house to run the wiring would know the house would not have power yet. Where's your generator?

The masons running the fireplace chimney would ask for a hand saw. I lent one out once. It comes back with tar on it and dull teeth. They used it to cut the roof out, shingles and all. That's when I put a junk saw in the truck just for them. They brought it back, "This saw is too dull to cut". Yep!

I'd be on my scaffold hanging siding, making my money, and a worker would ask if they could borrow my hammer. "What am I supposed to do while you use my hammer?". Same thing with a tape. "Sure. I already measured everything for the rest of the day".

I came up with the idea to create a rental agreement 5 pages long to have them read and sign first, but never got around to it

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote