View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 11:14 AM   #19
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Re: Boo - Random Door Bit Fell Out (Regulator?)

I haven't any problem with the basics of dis-assembly or re-assembly of the door bits (that thread is a really great how-to-do).

My issue/questions is only on getting off the glass from the lower channel (I assume it's stuck in this thing good) and the best/proper product to get the glass secured into a new lower channel. Unless I missed it, that thread doesn't over this part.

I might be making remove of the glass from its lower channel more than I need it to be but I haven't done this before. I only know I don't want to break the glass! In my mind I am thinking I need to heat it up real good with a hair dryer to loosen up the old glass setting tape. But I am guessing at that.

Then getting new glass setting tape, I can see how if the glass setting tape I buy is only a few millimeters to thick I'd be in trouble - I read another thread where this tape was to thick and it did cause assembly problems. I am almost thinking, screw it and buy some 3M Window Weld off Amazon!

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote