View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 08:42 PM   #7
Woodnears

Re: Daves new 68 chevy swb

The inside of the cab corners are all rotted out and the bracing below is also bad. Outside the truck is in great shape as someone has already done some work on the rockers and corners. Oh and it has a wood bed, wich is a must Because I am a carpenter so I will have to come up with something pretty trick there. Thinking of inlaying some chevy emblems in some kind of exotic wood. Well see when i get to that point. Firewall is in excellent shape and looks like new under neath the dash. Right fender under battery is all gravy. Top of cab is all good too. Besides a new floor pan and bracing i should be in pretty good shape. Although i have never done anything even close to a floor pan, it cant be that bad. I look forward to the challenge. Went and picked up another steering collumn today out of my parts truck. Anyone ever shortened a collumn or can recommend a good one to get. I am 6'5'' tall so i need to gain some room in the cab. I have some buckets on their way(craigslist find) via my brother who is coming this weekend from college. Two buckets out of a blazer. Hope that will give me some room in the cab. Also need suggestion for a frame mounted fuel cell to go in the rear.
Woodnears is offline   Reply With Quote