Thread: '57 2Dr Sedan
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 09:25 PM   #24
Ironhorse

Re: '57 2Dr Sedan

Well the Dr. visit was kinda like the movie, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. The Good is the pain has diminished and flexibility has returned quite a bit in the thumb joint and base of the thumb. The Bad is the thumb joint still locks up and pops and snaps when I flex the joint. The Ugly is the Dr. said when the steroid shot completely wears off and it's effects go away the pain will return just as much as before the shot was given. He said only a matter of time before I will be back to where I was. Could be month or several months but he was definite that it will return along with the stiffness.

Rats, looks like surgery for sure is some where in the future. Said the surgery is rather uncomplicated and quick with scraping bone and calcium build up within the joint. Said recovery is normally pretty quick being 3-4 weeks before have full use again of the thumb. My thoughts are now to put it off as long as I can when the pain returns and probably have the surgery during the winter months when stuck in the house and just throwing a log on the FP and drinking another cup of coffee is a big part of the day. Not what I wanted to hear but it is what it is. Tough on the old bod getting older but sure beats the alternative!
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote