Thread: YOM tags
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2022, 01:32 PM   #29
chevmn

Re: YOM tags

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
You have to keep a log? You have a maximum number of miles per year you can drive? I wouldn't bother with historic plates either. It's not like that here and use is not clearly defined. They give car shows and parades as examples of proper use, but not limited to. The only specific no-nos are commercial use, drive to work, drive to school, regular use to transport passengers, and the rest is covered by not regular use. Mine sits all winter and it's not my daily driver.
I know the historic plates are not for everyone, but sure is less hassle for a couple I have...... no yearly inspection, and no renewal, and I do not bother with the logs, and I know no one that does. Even under the slim chance I get a ticket for lack of log (never heard of it yet), it is very likely the fine is less than the renewals and inspections for regular plates. I do have the (blank) log sheet in the glovebox, and keep insurance on them. Just plain less hassle and expense for vehicles that are driven less than 1,000 miles a year at best.
chevmn is offline   Reply With Quote