Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 11:18 PM   #109
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

Well today was yet a couple more setbacks, Go Figure..

In June of 2011 i purchased a Phoenix Systems brake bleeder after watching Stacy Davids Gears TV program, never got around to needing it until today, so with high hopes i got it out last night and familiarized myself with the unit, then this morning i tried to perform a vacuum flush at the caliper first with the intent of doing a reverse bleed once i felt all the old fluid was drawn out, tried for about 20 minutes with no luck so i decided to try direct pressure at the master cylinder, i was able to get some fluid to flow but every time i pumped the gun it would draw in all kinds of super fine air bubbles into the gun with no bubbles in the feed hose, Long story short after checking all the hoses, fittings and one way valve i can only conclude the pump and possibly a couple fittings have an air leak and does not work properly..

The other setback, one of the calipers that i got with my disk conversion kit had a frozen bleed screw, the housing was actually bored oversize and a threaded sleeve was installed then the bleeder screw was threaded into the sleeve, never seen that before.. when i went to crack the screw open it was super tight, more pressure and the sleeve started backing out instead of the bleed screw..... So my option was to go buy another caliper locally and use the bad one as a core, or contact the conversion company tomorrow and see if they would let me ship it back to them and wait for another one to be shipped back, that is if they are cooperative with me, so i said to hell with it and bought another caliper today.. Getting a fresh coat of red tonight..

Tomorrow is another day..
Attached Images

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote