View Single Post
Old 03-22-2021, 09:21 PM   #66
too much stuff
Roadtrip!

Re: Tinkering on the 72 jimmy, may have hurt the engine...Thoughts?

Put insurance on it today and took it for a cruise. Brakes work great now. Get back home, tire goes flat. May have to replace all of them due to age. One step forward, 2....HMMMM i have a set of rally wheels with like new 31x10.5x15s...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72 Super View Post
We never know what we are getting with these old vehicles. Making good progress Eric.

Ray
Thanks ray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K5Fan View Post
From what I can see in the photos, the gauge is now reading "E". If it stays there even with fuel in it, my guess would be the sending unit. If the gauge was sitting at the 3 o'clock position and stays there, that would be indicative of a connection issue. As you know, these fuel gauges are KIND OF LIKE an ohmmeter. They are different but my 70 sending unit is set from 90 ohms at Full, and zero or close to zero at Empty.

Might be time to drop the fuel cell, unless someone else knows a better way. Let me know what happens!

Chris.
We did have the tank out to clean the old gas out. It is an aftermarket tank i think and we tried to retrofit a different sender. I wasn't there when it went back together however.
Thanks for the tip.
70 4x4/BB/bkts/posi/tach(retired)
70 swb (wifes)
70 jimmy camper
71 K-5 factory 2wd
71 cheyenne 4x4/tach/posi/ plow rig
71 Cheyenne20 BB, buckets, tach, tilt, 4 speed
72 jimmy CST wyoming rig
72 jimmy Colorado rig
72 lifted texas 4x4 3/4 ton burb
65 fury conv. 383/auto
65 chrysler 300 "L" 413 auto