View Single Post
Old 07-10-2022, 06:57 PM   #184
mr.mud1

Re: 1972 Cheyenne Super coming apart to go back together

well again,not much in the way of progress but i do have a guy who said he will re-paint this mess,just hasn't told me when or how much?he told me how much he charges an hour and how many days he thinks it might be,so i started sanding inside the bed,figuring every hour i spend in there,is an hour i don't have to pay someone else.i have both wheel tubs out to make sanding easier and all the carriage bolts down the insides of the bed sides out,and going round and round in my tumbler machine.that'll get rid of the paint on them and will make sanding that bottom flange easier without bumping into carriage bolts.the inside of the tailgate was a mess,the original paint was scratched up quite bad,and then painted over by the guy who painted it,not listening to instructions when i told him not to paint inside the bed.i tried to sand past the scratches,pretty soon i was looking at bare metal,so i took all the paint off.the gate is in nice shape,it'll take a nice coat of paint now.this guy wants the bed right off so i have all the bolts holding the bed on,out.all but 1 in the front and back,along with the wiring disconnected,it'll only take a minute to get the bed off,once it gets to his shop.more news soon,i hope.take care.Greg
Attached Images

mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote