View Single Post
Old 08-12-2021, 05:57 AM   #400
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

So yesterday did not go as planned (but I am on vacation so decide my own schedule)

Eventually opened the garage at 4.00pm and started by taking the hood/bonnet of the Rezin Rockit.

While looking for an adapter to go up in sizes with the cordless drill that speeds up nut removal, I rediscovered my long since forgotten about gas soldering iron.

Where was that when I needed it to redo the S10 wiring cockups.

Have put it back where I found it, hopefully I will find it next time it is needed.

So removing the hood was the easiest job.

After this it just got worse and worse.

My head may not have been in the right place and I felt really tired, maybe because of the heavy session with the osteopath.

She did warn me and I know I asked her to really go for it, because I had been struggling a while but woke feeling great this morning.

The biggest problem with any kitcar as mate Dennis and others have told and warned me is rust, and corner cutting.

On this car it certainly has become apparent very quickly.

And then the things like Phillips head self tapping screws used generously all over are a major pain.

Add to that, a load of silicone sealant generously applied on every contact point between the chassis and fibre glass body.

It is going to be a nightmare trying to unbuild this thing.

The existing brake lines are threaded through the body in places.

I was thinking that to try unbuild them from the drums and one calliper (one is missing, as is a rear drum) may be a waste of time, and best just cut them and restart with making up new brake lines as the brake booster etc seems to have seen better days too.

Right now, not having much fun.

So last night after 90 minutes, a load of Duck Oil in a few places, and about 10 bolts undone and removed, this was the state of play.

Today I need to clean house, and Sally has asked me to help Uncle Bob with some trees that need cutting down at his house where the garden has had 14 years of pretty free reign.

Wish me luck, or come help.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote