View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 07:44 PM   #6
the_69_C10

Thumbs up Re: My '69 C-10 First Truck Project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugger6933 View Post
I would like to say welcome to you and congrats from eastern parts of Arkansas. I have a body shop and have had since the late 1980's, and build late model trucks and suv's for a living and old trucks and muclecars for fun. There are a lots of great people on here willing to help so don't be afraid to ask. I don't mind questions and feel that there are no stupid ones, everyone started out from somewhere. My main advice to you with your truck is first get it runnig then get it safe not only for you but those around you. I kbow at 16 you feel you can't get hurt but sadly that is not true and it goes same for those you meet on the road as well so make sure it steers and stops safely for everyone please it will be a lot more fun if you can drive it. That comes to my next piece of advice don't tear down too far to get it back up and runnig soon again if your not able to drive it you may lose interest in it and that happens alot.so keep your projects [after the safety concerns] small and quick where you can be on the road soon. Next when you get bit by the hot rod bug don't go too big and don't go too crazy with your daily driver. That is about all until you ask for help, I have some general and I hang out in the paint and body since that is my thing and in here so that is where I can be found or PM me if needed. Jim
My biggest thing now is getting the body fixed, and putting disk brakes on the front end. Then getting my 350 dropped on the chassis. Thanks!
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=557900
the_69_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote