View Single Post
Old 04-08-2022, 03:49 PM   #11
Beach-Burban

Re: Delco Radio Restoration: I Recommend....

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCanine View Post
I would prefer a conversion and someone who is willing to refinish the chrome face plate.

Anyone have any additional recommendations/experiences they can share. Turn around time is not the big issue for me. Primarily, quality and completeness of work.

Thanks.
Hey IronCanine...I can toss you the two names that were recommended to me, then you can look them up online as they both have very informative websites. Gary Tayman or Richard Blankenship. I can't remember why, but I went with Richard (R & B Vintage Auto Radios) who is in Tennessee, and my radio conversion was just completed yesterday so I don't actually have it yet (it's on it's way to CA)...but Richard seems to do excellent work and posts a wide variety of Youtube videos on completed conversions. Due to the "CHIP" shortage, mine took 10 months...not sure if things are better now, but I'd assume anyone in this business are facing the same or similar hurdles. Besides the conversion, Richard polishes the chrome bezel (not sure if he offers rechroming or not), but I've included the picture he sent me yesterday of mine. I wish I could tell you more but hopefully this will help you explore your options.

Woody

Name:  IMG_1847.jpg
Views: 868
Size:  45.4 KB
Beach-Burban is offline   Reply With Quote