View Single Post
Old 06-20-2022, 11:40 AM   #7
SCOTI

Re: New to me 66 c10 front disk upgrade question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy nutcase View Post
Finally got myself a 66 c10 and one of the first things I'd like to do is upgrade the manual brakes to power brakes and at the same time a front disk conversion and probably lower it 2/3 while I'm at it. I noticed both lmc and brothers have a 17" wheel diameter requirement on their kits. Cj pony parts grand slam kit doesn't mention this or any wheel size requirement but I sent an email to them asking if there is. I wasn't planning on new wheels and tires at the same time because one the 16" wheels I have are in really good condition as are the tires and two that's a husky chunk of change I'm not super keen on spending right now. Interested what other options you guys have used
Wheel requirements are dependent on the parts combo. 15" wheels can be used w/drop spindles & springs but back-spacing is much more critical. If the BS is excessive, there can be complications. 16" wheels will be the same but offer a little more clearance.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote