View Single Post
Old 09-19-2020, 10:24 PM   #37
dmjlambert

Re: LED turn signal issues

Two things I don't understand:
1. load resistors are about getting the flashing module to actually flash. They are not related at all to how bright or dim an LED light glows. So if there is flashing going on but it is just too dim to notice compared to the tail light, why are we talking about load resistors? If I am mistaken please let me know.
2. If the tail light is what is very bright, and the turns signal or brake is only slightly brighter, isn't that exactly what I was talking about being wired opposite and that would indicate wiring or the bulb base or socket is wired backwards? I am talking about post 31 above. You respond "I found which connection was the brightest. In the socket of the taillight housing it corresponds to the correct one." What is "correct one" and let's be clear. The correct connection for the brightest LED is the brake/turn contact, not the tail/running light contact. If your LED has separate contacts and one is less bright than the other, and you ensure the less bright contact is used for tail/running light, then I don't see how you can't resolve the issue.

And one comment: If you have a conventional bulb and it behaves the same way as your LED bulb that indicates the truck wiring is backwards, and the bulb base of the LED is not at fault.
dmjlambert is offline   Reply With Quote