View Single Post
Old 03-03-2023, 04:48 PM   #44
Vic1947

Re: 65 Fairlane pro-touring build

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Amazing how much space the towers take up....
Not anymore.

Sorry for the downtime on this thread. Seems like I either have other stuff to do or setbacks that bring progress to a halt. Most recently, while mocking up the shock towers, I discovered a mismatch between the locating holes in the boxing plates and the towers. After a week or two of back and forth with TCI they determined they'd shipped me the wrong towers and sway bar mounts. So now I'm waiting for the replacement parts. Most of the prep work on the frame rails is done so the next big hurdle is welding in the x-member components.

For the time being (when I'm not working on Andrew's GTO) I've been patching the core support. Overall, it's in decent shape but has a few areas that need some TLC. I'm considering grafting a Shelby GT500 scoop on the hood. The flat hood is uninspiring and needs a little something to dress it up. My other choice would be a scoop from an R code Fairlane or Galaxie. The problem with that is that you can only get them as a full hood (expensive) and not for my model. That's a long way off so I have some time to mull things over.

Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote