View Single Post
Old 08-30-2020, 10:01 PM   #168
jocko

Re: Post Your Craigslist Finds Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52napco View Post
Agree that's a very nice one. I'll say this though (and this is a general comment on today's market, not anything negative about this truck) - I think sellers today are misguided when they think that a fake Cheyenne Super K10 swb, for example, is more valuable than an actual Cheyenne K10 swb (they must, or why would they take the time and extra expense to fake one?). At a minimum, the "upgrade" shrinks the potential buyer pool by at least 1... But I'd be willing to bet I'm not alone. It can also potentially shrink the price - i.e. it's a false assumption by sellers that they can get original Super money by slapping Super emblems on a truck (unless, of course, they're taking it to Barrett-Jackson). I'd submit that this seller would make more actual profit had he not lifted it, not added Super emblems, not added aftermarket wheels, etc and just sold it as it was, a Cheyenne K10 swb, a rare bird in its own right that buyers will pay top dollar for.

Again, don't get me wrong, this is clearly a very nice truck and my comment is meant to be more general in nature because we see all kinds of trim levels advertised as Supers these days, and there's nothing wrong with that (this seller clearly readily provided a SPID when asked) - but, in some cases, I think sellers are actually shrinking their buyer pool and hurting their profit margin by upgrading to a fake trim level. My 2 cents.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote