View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 10:32 AM   #836
GCncsuHD
Charlie Daniels w/ a Tq Wrench

Re: How about some pics of 99-06

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexCrew View Post
Thanks man. If you are referring to the black part between the bumper and grill that is a stock black trim that all Duramax's have. I plan on painting it white to mach. Not sure why they didn't do it at the factory.
That's exactly what I'm referring to, painted white looks ok, I've seen many done that way, but IMO it looks much better just to raise the bumper 2" and ditch the black spacer (either cut it off, or just run a 1500 grille). It's not a Duramax thing thing, all 3/4 HD and one tons have it. Besides, it makes a lifted truck look even taller with very little work.

This was my 03 GMC, first with the black spacer:

And After, with the bumper raised 2.5" and a 1500 grille (wasn't worth cutting the spacer off the stock grille since the chrome was already flaking off).

Note, I used 2.5" square tubing because it's what I had lying around, so it raised mine 2.5". 2" would give a stock gap between the grille and bumper, same as if you looked at a 1500, mine was simply 1/2" tighter. All it requires is some 2" tubing, new bolts, and a slight trim on the back side of the bumper brackets. About an hour's worth of work.
78 K30 Dually Semi-Retired Fire Truck 350/SM465 35"s
SOLD01 2500HD ECSB 6.0 4x4 5.13's 8" lift 38"s
GCncsuHD is offline   Reply With Quote