View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 09:54 PM   #116
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRENCHBLUE72 View Post
I kinda like the rounded knobs on the ac unit??
Yeah, kinda growing on me me too since I can't bring myself to try to pry them off for fear of breaking the arms...

Not much in the way of progress, other than spending a whole bunch of time working on getting the car heater controls to work. I spent the better part of an afternoon fabbing up a bracket to reverse the mechanism on one of the arms, getting all of the cabling aligned and functioning 'just so', and having the doors opening and closing for the defrost while simultaneously contacting the microswitches that turn the compressor on/off. Finished up, worked the slide, everything performed FLAWLESSLY with the exception of the fact that it was backwards. Off was on and vice-versa... I had modified the wrong cable actuator!

So, tomorrow, I will tear out all of my awesome work and start the same process on the correct cable...

Here's a couple of pics of recent scores that I picked up from a couple board members (thanks SS68 and BB72CHEVKT) as I was passing through Texas. The '67 hood just barely fit in the back of the Yukon. Guess what I have planned for it, if I don't manage to screw it up in the process...
Attached Images

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy

Last edited by gringoloco; 04-05-2011 at 09:56 PM.
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote