View Single Post
Old 09-26-2016, 12:41 PM   #43
hewittca

Re: Introduction, nostalgia, and '68 build, oh my

During the summer months I put the truck to work doing jobs around the house, but I finally have a window of opportunity to get the short bed conversion done. I am in the process of doing that work right now, but will withhold updates on that until I am finished and can include the entire process and results in one post.

In the meantime, however, I do have one small update to share. The brakes were in serious need of refreshing, made especially evident when I had to lean on the brakes a bit more than normal and ended up skidding about 10 feet into an intersection where the light had just turned red. After this eye opening experience, I drove the truck straight home, parked it, and started gathering what I needed for a brake job. Ultimately, I stuck with the 4 wheel power drums for now and replaced wheel cylinders, drums, shoes, springs, and all brake lines. While the wheels were off, I figured I would try out a new wheel color as well. This is left over anthracite grey from when I thought I was going to repaint my Beetle. It was a standard brake job so I won't bore you with details or pictures, except for one I took during the successful test drive.

-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote