View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 12:06 PM   #87
Scurry67

Re: 67 SWB First Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA_C10 View Post
Well done sir. Looking good! I pie cut mine for sure, all over the place... One thing to remember that I didn't think about until I was done was for the front of the rocker, door gaping, you may want to hang your front fender and make sure the door and fender are good with spacers if you use them.

I hung my doors the way they were from PO and there were no spacers in door or fender. So when I finished both my rockers I noticed that the doors are sunk into the frame pretty far and need spacers to push them out which means my rockers are going to be sunk in depending on how far I space out my doors, and then the fenders will need spacers too probably. I dread the fact I may need to cut up my rockers again...

Are you going to spot weld the top inside edge of the rockers to the floor pan or are you just welding the surrounding edges?

Good thought. I was thinking the same thing so I did hang a fender before I started welding the fender back together. Regardless, I'm sure it'll be a big chore when the time comes to align all the panels to set my gaps.

I do plan on spot welding the rocker in once I'm complete with the rocker massaging. It's currently just tacked in place. Hopefully I can knock it out tonight!
Scurry67 is offline   Reply With Quote