View Single Post
Old 12-29-2020, 08:10 AM   #89
ShortbedClayton

Spent the Christmas vacation in the garage but took a break from cab floor repairs.. Since I’m installing bucket seats and console in this truck I decided that I didn’t want my passenger seat solid mounted like a single cab truck but instead I’ll solid mount the rear bench seat. So I took some junkyard find 1972 k5 drivers side seat tracks and cut them apart. Grinding rivets off the seat mount pedestals. Welded holes shut in the slide rail. Next I had to reverse everything to the opposite side on the latch rail piece. Had to bend up a piece of 12 ga. steel for the angle. Where the adjuster lever connects. I made a few errors along the way but that’s metal work. Grinder fixed that. My tracks were missing the engagement latch piece that goes thru the tracks and latches in the notches so I had to get a set out of bench seat tracks. Surprisingly they are different so I again had to weld them up and regrind the notches..lastly was the engagement lever. I think I cut it 5 times and flipped stuff heated and bent the handle part. That’s was the hardest bit of it all. Also welded a new foot on the one as it was rotted away. After 15 hours I have passenger side adjustable bucket seat tracks mirrored of the drivers side. Next it to get mounted to floor with necessary reinforcement plates..
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

ShortbedClayton is offline   Reply With Quote