View Single Post
Old 04-22-2021, 05:38 PM   #107
cericd

Re: Project O.G. - My First Ever Build

Thanks guys.

I've been enjoying driving it around a bit. Still have some things to get figured out. Horn doesn't work, put a new (in cab) gas tank and sending unit in and the cab smells like gas. Wonder if I should have just had the original tank hot tanked and sealed. Also, needs a bit of exhaust work.

Hey Leevon, yeah, I finally decided on a direction for the truck. Originally I was planning a 4" & 6" drop and maybe some classic mags like slots or daisies. As time went by I started to notice that stock looking trucks are becoming much rarer than modded ones and I really just started to enjoy seeing those stock trucks. So, I decided to go with a stock look. I would have liked to keep it six lug but I had already purchased 5 lug conversion axles for the rear and it was nearly impossible to find a set of 15x6 6-lug steelies that would clear disc brakes. I have 3 sets of caps, white dog dish, stainless dog dish and full wheel covers, but I haven't tried any of them yet.

Also, if I had it to do over again, I would have painted the wheels instead of having them powder coated.

My 1970 SWB C/10 - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=534872
cericd is offline   Reply With Quote