View Single Post
Old 07-29-2023, 11:36 PM   #1
truckster

XTool D8 Bluetooth Scanner

I have quite a few vehicles that I take care of, including half a dozen of my own and a dozen or so of my children's vehicles. I got tired of the limited functions on my existing code reader, so I did some research and ended up buying an XTool D8 bluetooth scanner. It has a full diagnostic menu with topology and graphing, full bidirectional control, and a whole bunch of special functions, including programming keys.

I've had a few occasions to use it, and I have to say it's both powerful and user-friendly. It programmed a key for my wife's Highlander hybrid with keyless start in about a minute. It ran a full diagnostic on my son's 2018 Silverado in just a couple of minutes and gave me a full report including systems I didn't even know were on the vehicle (human interface module, who knew?).

If you need a powerful scanner that includes bidirectional control, this might be the one for you.