View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 10:57 AM   #117
Cheeseman

Re: Project "Home Wrecker"

Well it has been a busy past couple of months around here but I was finally able to get a little shop time in. When it gets cold out in these parts, all my shop help disappears, so it has just been pretty much me and Ol' Blue.

I finished getting the fuel system tied up and I also finished my rear tank mounting set up.

Once that was done I moved on to getting things rolling with the harness and computer installation. I have since gotten the wiring cleaned up and loomed as well.

Knowing that I wanted to get the motor running, I needed to get the MAF sensor installed so I ordered an air intake system and had to do a little custom work to get it all to work together.

Thinking everything was about ready to go, we did a fresh oil change and while under there I decided to put in a new tranny filter and fluid. We added about 5 gallons of fuel and then it was time to see if the fuel pump would kick on....it did, so we are just that much closer. Now that I have been working on wiring the new to the old, I was pretty confident that we had everything double, or in some cases, triple checked.

Then came the moment of truth...the first attempt of firing it up!!! A quick installation of the new ignition switch and tumbler and it was go time........

But due to problems with uploading my video, I will just let you know that it fired right up on the first turn of the ignition and purred like an overgrown kitten! Once I get the video problem figured out I will post it up!

Cheese "got the go, now to work on the whoa!" Man