View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 12:10 AM   #11
HO455
Post Whore

Re: What Brakelines Do I Need?

My vote is for the nickel copper tubing. It has been used for decades in Europe on high end cars. Only recently got approved for use in the US. Very forgiving to work with. Less prone to corrosion than steel lines. Can be polished to a high luster. And now days it is easy to find so the price has come down. I wouldn't use anything else. Over the years I have tried different prebent tubing companies and learned their idea of prebent to fit and mine are different. One trick I use is to make a practice piece out of some solid conductor copper wire. It will make those tricky pieces easier and you won't waste any tubing. Start with the rear axle tubes as they are shorter and easy to get at. Buying an all in one bender will work "OK" but you will get much better results with a bender sized for the tubing your working with. For your truck you will use 1/4" tubing for the lines from the master cylinder to the Tee's. Then it should change to 3/16" after that. At least that's what my 67 did. There is some more info on page 8 of my Working Man's Burban thread (The WMB) Troll around some there is lots of info here, even if you just look at pictures to confirm fitting sizes and tubing routes.
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote