Old 04-27-2011, 11:59 PM   #205
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
very nice!!!
Thanks! Getting there- slowly today...

Managed to get the bed floor bolted down tight after doing some more routing/trimming as some of the boards decided to warp on me What fun lying on my back running 50-plus nuts and washers onto the carriage bolts, all while snaking around the framerails, tank, and exhaust and finding creative ways to keep the bolts from spinning. Once everything was snug, I cut the wheelwells and drilled the perimeter mounting holes. Bed floor- DONE. Okay, still have to trim for the rear stakepockets...

My neighbor stopped by as I pulled the truck outside and commented on how nice the bed floor looked, and then asked if I was gonna treat the wood with anything. "Nope." Going for the 'weathered' look. Got an odd look. I'm sure he thinks I'm ruining it

Also, after making a huge mess with seam sealer and breaking my caulk gun, I installed some nutserts for the wheel tubs with a homemade 'tool'. Works pretty well, especially considering the actual installation tool is over $100. I woulda liked to have one, though, after about the third nutsert, as these things takes some 'oomph' to get them to crush. I am not looking forward to doing the other bedside...
Attached Images

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy

Last edited by gringoloco; 04-28-2011 at 12:03 AM.
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote