View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 02:45 PM   #17
Jacoby

Re: 68 C10 50th Anniversary driveway build

Got some more done this weekend with the help of my brother. That guy loves turning wrenches. Tell him what the plan is, show him where the tools are and off he goes. The plan this weekend was to get the front end off. Jeez what a beating that was. Like the back end the front was more of the same..... RUST!!! Id say for every nut and bolt we were able to unscrew there were 2 that had to be grinded/cut off. Hell just one of the bolts holding the core support to the frame took us almost an hour to get out. After about 7 hours though the job was done.
Once we had a chance to look everything over that we removed we determined the inner fenders are toast. I was hoping to be able to salvage them but the front and rear mounting points completely disintegrated once we got them out from the rust eating it all away. Core support is in great shape, coat of paint and that thing will look new. Front clip and hood are all in great shape.
Next the plan is to remove the motor/trans and possibly the cab. Waiting to hear back from a friend of a friend if I can borrow their cherry picker. I don't want to go out and buy one if I don't have to.

Jacoby is offline   Reply With Quote