View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #327
robnolimit

Re: Smitty's 67 Build

This past weekend was the GoodGuys Lonestar Nationals. We had a great time, and trucks made a big showing. There were twelve trucks running in the Truck class, with six of those in the No Limit Truck Class Shootout. Congrats to Andy Haliberton on the Shootout win. Three trucks were in the Pro class, Chris Smith, Josh Liesinger, and me. I held the lead all weekend, 65.5-- until the last round when Roger Burman in the Summit Camaro clipped my time by .026 sec. Josh finished sixth, 67.9-- and Chris eighth. 68.8-- Here's the cool part for us. On Sunday we got a chance to drive each others trucks. I rode one lap in the pass seat with Chris, and then drove it. After a one or two minute discussion about the truck, we took to the start line. I eased the truck out pretty lazy and ran the first few corners to get a feel, then started to push it a bit, still pretty conservative, and ran a 69.3--. I was really impressed with the balance, and feel. Both Chris and I agreed I could run a 66 or 67 easy. After some talk about driving technique, Chris made a few more runs, and put down a 67.4--, (this would have been fourth overall on sat) - And, it's on air! Super fun to drive, bad ass truck. Can't wait for Scottsdale and the big Shootout.
2011 Truckin' Throwdown Champion
GoodGuys 2010 National Champion

Proud to put our products up against all others!
robnolimit is offline   Reply With Quote