View Single Post
Old 01-24-2022, 04:16 PM   #686
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
I am always very nervous when it comes to old glass. I have, nor will I myself, attempt to cut, engrave or whatever on old stuff. I use to know someone who I would go to for advice, but he passed on a couple years ago. Definitely find out from an experienced glass person and let them handle it if they feel it is ok.
Sounds about right Bill.

I think if it self destructs in the hands of a professional, that would be fine, and I would have calculated the cost of new into it already.

This morning after the hospital and X-rays I popped into my favourite scrap yard/recycling yard.

Needed some pipe to use to extend the MX5 under dash support.

Found nothing that I wanted.

But got a 2.0 meter length of heavy box section that could do the job too, albeit differently.

£10.00 for the steel and this little steel ride on car.

I cannot resist them.

Needs a steering part to be replaced r repaired.

Then straight back home to get some work done.

Later the post man delivered the track rod ends I had ordered last week.

At lunch time I popped out to go see if they could be fitted in under 30 minutes.

Of course they can, just not today.

Jacked up front end, minus wheels, undid top nuts, one wallop each side and the tapers popped loose, Undoing the locking nuts, unscrewed and started to fit the new ends once I clened and copper slipped the threads….. then failure to get one side in.
Eventually tonight after work, cleaned up threads with Tap and Die and job done.

Old vs New

I think the old ones were fully serviceable.

Reassembled.

Just needed to be tightened down.

Tracking is wildly put, so I will disassemble and clean up the nut and adjustment thread and then just set it by eye, another job for the professionals once built.

Time for some food.

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote