View Single Post
Old 03-11-2023, 10:41 PM   #37
87chevy.com
BMW & ASE Master Certified

Re: Anybody using a 6l80 in their swap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyridin View Post
You can't see the TUTD on my HP Tuners. It will show P,R, then neutral for all gears after unless the truck is running. I saw one time in the shifting mode option on HP, it said TUTD WOT, but it normally reads Normal.

As for the voltage, I am wondering if the voltage is varying. All the resistors do is vary the voltage, but if I am inputting 14 volts and run it through the resistance chain, I might get 10 volts versus if I run 12 volts through and get 8 volts. I am wondering how touchy the trans might be on needing a very specific voltage for the TUTD to work.

Since you have a 6l, when I shift through the gears, it works like this:

Park
Reverse
Neutral
D6 (Automatic shifting to 6th gear)
D4 (Auto shifting to 4th gear)
D1 (Stays in 1st)
D2 (Auto shift 1-2)

Is this correct? This is the dumbest thing I have ever used. If you use D2, you have to go back into D1 to get to D6.

Thanks, Ron
I never shifted past D1

with the current tune (ish) that it has, When i come to a stop light and there is a need to at about 20 mph, i will shift to D4 it downshifts and rpms and exhaust notes sing a little, then to D1 and its like rev matching... silly but sounds cool... ill have to get a video of it ... probably make more sense

As far as HPtuners displaying it. I have a VCM scanner file I cobbled up, that

87chevy.com/tapshift2023.Channels.zip

its a zip folder with the .xml file that hp tuner uses for channels that I added the transmsision PIDs to it

my folder is in located:

C:\Users\xxxx computer name xxxx\Documents\HP Tuners\VCM Scanner\Channel Configs

You dont have to paste it there, but when you go to VCM scanner and open a config file, you can just look for it wherever you downloads go.

See if it displays correctly? it should read the gear displayed, and then if in sport mode/tap up tap down. I will connect the laptop to the X5 swap tomorrow and take a video of it displaying the inputs.

clint

I think I sold you a Gen5 connector kit from ebay... your screen name sounds familiar.

New project: 2006 BMW x5 6cyl AWD to L83 6l80e 4wd to 2WD / RWD

A poor man buy's it twice

finally got my domain name back, 87chevy.com.... site rework in progress
87chevy.com is offline   Reply With Quote