View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 03:21 PM   #8
HEISEL

Re: 68 gmc, 70, 72 k10 "frankenstein" swb 4x4

Well I guess that I've gone into fast forward mode with with this thread. Sorry I'm just trying to get caught up to now. My wife and I just had a new baby girl on aug 20th so I haven't had a lot of time to go really indeph thread. But I thought I would get into my goals and plans with this project. I'm happy with the current setup. 350 Vortec and Howell efi, 4" all spring lift. As far as axles I'm ok with the dana44 but the 12 bolt is not to good in off road situations. But it should be ok with just the 33s. On top of that I don't rock crawl. I live in MO so it's more mud than anything. One day I'll upgrade to 1ton axles. But Even then the truck needs to be streetable. Im not trying to build a show truck just a nice reliable truck that I can get around in bad weather, take hunting and camping and play offroad a little. Here are some parts that I've got for the truck. Electric fans from a ford contour . I have a 1ton raidiator and it test fits well with about 2" on each side. Fans are Supposed to put down something like 3,000 cfm. I got them for $30 from my local pic and pull here in kansas city. Also new worn locking hubs. The truck didnt have locking hubs when it got it. Also I'm very lucky to have LMC, classic truck parts, and a used 67-72 parts guy all in the kc area. And lots of salvage yards.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device