The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-12-2004, 08:17 PM   #1
WRMZ71
Cause the Chicks DIG IT!!

Road Trip

Well last monday I drove the 71 C-10 from Coastal North Carolina to Oklahoma City. Left at 7:00 in the morning and quit driving that night at about 9:30 in Heath Arkansas. Finished up the trip the next day at about 6 after sleeping till about 10 that morn. Most Gas prices ranged from 1.79 when I left NC to about 1.70 ish at most places. After being in OKC for a week though prices went about 2 consecutive nights 7 cents each night. What's up with the gas prices???? And does anybody know if there was some big carshow last weekend as I seen so many old classic street rods crusing down I 40 through Nashville going east. Anybody on this board from Musquogee Oklahoma??? I seen a bad A#S black burb driving around there. It was dropped I'd say about 4 -6 and was rolling on what appeared to be 20's. I think I filled up with gas during the 1300 plus mile extravaganza about 6 times. Oh well hope everybody else has had a good last week and I'm amazed at the change on the board. They say change is usually for the better but I tell you what its a pain in the arse to get used to.
WRMZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 09:30 PM   #2
meathead95
computer illiterate

their was a rod run in knoxville last weekend
Old 05-12-2004, 09:52 PM   #3
KutThroatKustoms
drag body or die

I live in Muskogee, but are you sure you werent in Webbers Falls, since that is right at the Muskogee Turnpike and i-40 intersection... Muskogee is ~30-35 miles north of i-40.

If you were actually in town, then that is cool, just take the local trucks with a grain of salt to be honest. This place is the most ghettoed put together crap in the world.

for example.

mazda bagged used aluminum ~1/8" thick for rear bag mounts and no gussets (shouldnt have even used it in the first place)

72 short bed, front roll pan, no gap at one end and at least .75-1" gap on the other end.. that is how uneven it was.

Very very very few trucks here you could actually say "damn, that is nice" and it truely be nice.
Old 05-13-2004, 04:59 PM   #4
WRMZ71

It might have been that webber falls then cause it was right off I-40 and it was just east of a big lake that i though the sign said lake muskogee. It was smaller town but the people were nice. I broke a bolt in my alternator and some guy gave me a ride to a napa where they were able to take it out. In NC if i broke down i would of just got the finger or the horn and get told to get the hell out of the way. It sure will be nice to get back to the center of the country where people are nice!!!
Old 05-13-2004, 05:10 PM   #5
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

dang wrmz71 what part of NC are you in? Whenever I've broken down, people have gone out of the way to help. Glad you had a semi uneventful trip tho.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 05:10 PM   #6
KutThroatKustoms
drag body or die

Maybe Lake Tenkiller? There isnt a Lake Muskogee, unless something was renamed while I wasnt reading the paper.. lol

Yeah, probably was Webber Falls, it is small. Muskogee is ~35K ppl and you would have gotten the finger here also. Or paintballed by some punk kids.

Yeah, the people in the smaller towns are very nice, it really makes you "like" the farmers, b/c that is basically all that is down there.

That big body of water you passed on the bridge, was the Arkansas River, if you remember acouple of years ago the i-40 bridge that fell in, was right there. I get frightened when we pass over it. Just b/c it could just fall again.

Glad you had a good trip and us Oklahoman's made a good impression.. lol
Old 05-13-2004, 08:05 PM   #7
WRMZ71

I'm from coastal NC the morehead city new bern area. I've only met a few people from around here originally that are nice. But I always see people stranded on the side of the road and nobody ever bothers to stop. It was some lake and I do remember about the bridge on I-40 collapsing. I remember going over the Arkansas bridge and i don't think that was it. I think i"m going to enjoy living in Oklahoma though as I'm originally from Nebraska and enjoy a more rural atmosphere. The only thing i'm worried about is being a husker fan and sporting a go huskers license plate. The sooners and the huskers got a date this year and if nebraska beats em i don't think the trucks coming out the garage for awhile. LOL
Old 05-13-2004, 08:32 PM   #8
KutThroatKustoms
drag body or die

lol, dont worry, i sport the OSU stuff all the time in a VERY VERY heavily populated OU part of oklahoma. Its kinda funny, a lot of ppl loved OSU, but then OU started winning and now you rarely see an OSU fan that isnt in Stillwater.

Guessing since you went to OKC you will be living around there? If so, Edmond is a nice area up there. Bethany is always hit with tornado's and so is Moore.