The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-01-2002, 07:59 PM   #1
flbynite

Throttle Cable Adj.

72 pickup, Changed out carb and manifold and the throttle cable needs to be adjusted to fit the new set up. So any help would be great!

The cable housing appears to have threads and I've tried to move the 'nuts' but no success.

Thanks!!!
flbynite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 08:14 PM   #2
1967LWBstepside
'Heavy Metal' Redefined.

I had a radical change with my 6 cylinder -- from a 1 bbl Rochester to a Carter 4 bbl. I used a Lokar cable -- hooked one end onto the mechanical arm on the accelerator petal at the firewall and bolted it to a bracket that is bolted to the carb base. The other end of the cable hooked into the carb and is fully adjustable with the Lokar bracket hooked to the carb base. It works quite well. That was the easiest fix I could think up for something that originally was completely mechanical. I didn't want to change petals either.

Here's a couple pics:

1967 C10 LWB stepside, 250 engine, GM HEI, aftermarket A/C., Clifford Performance intake, Stovebolt split headers, Carter AFB 500, X-pipe & Dynomax Super Turbos, 1 piece custom driveshaft, cyprus bed wood & stainless bed strips.
Starkville, Mississippi | My Truck Page
1967LWBstepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 11:09 PM   #3
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

If you changed from a 2 brl, to a 4 brl the bracket that holds the cable needs to be changed. If aftermarket intake & carb, you might look at the local speed shop for an aftermarket adjustable bracket. There should not be any adjustment on the cable itself,just the positioning. good luck.....Crazy AL
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote